All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
Serene, peaceful, and utterly private, this stunning 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom Modern Oasis provides a convenient escape, yet is only minutes to the Claremont Resort and College Avenue. Featuring contemporary lines, floor-to-ceiling windows, soaring ceilings, spacious media room, inviting primary suite w/custom closets, award-winning bathroom, designer finishes throughout, lush Zen-like garden w/koi pond, and an adjacent wooded lot, you’re sure to be enveloped in serenity every time you walk through the front door. Relax, grab a glass of wine, watch the hawks soar by, and settle in. You are home.
- Located on quiet street with protected adjoining private lot
- Chef’s Kitchen with 6-burner Wolf Range, built-in Jenn-Air double ovens, Bosch dishwasher & Sub-Zero refrigerator.
- Spacious Media Room with custom shelves, large screen television, speaker sound system, and gas fireplace
- Highly-coveted open floor plan and indoor-outdoor living
- Hardwood Floors throughout main floor
- Large dining and living room space with gas fireplace, floor-to-ceiling windows, and lovely views of Zen-like garden
- Primary en-suite with two oversized walk-in closets, and an award-winning bathroom with custom shower and stunning soaking tub
- Professionally landscaped backyard with mature redwoods, hot-tub, expansive decks, and koi pond
- 2-car garage with automatic opener
- Large storage room provides additional space
- New carpet, fresh paint, and modern lighting
The Claremont neighborhood straddles the Berkeley and Oakland borders and features lush landscaping, curving streets that hug the canyon hills, and open space. Homes on the leafy side streets provide old-fashioned Berkeley elegance, with turn-of-the-century brown shingles, revivals, prairie-, custom contemporary-, and Tudor-styled structures offering residents a place to call home within the landscaped confines.
The landmark of this area is the majestic Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, a vast Victorian edifice perched on 22 acres in the hills. Three outdoor pools, 10 tennis courts, a full-service spa, a fitness club, and three onsite restaurants deliver stunning views, and the resort has become popular with generations of locals as a luxurious getaway.
Elmwood's shopping district on College Avenue in Berkeley offers old-fashioned shops, access to the Rockridge Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), grocery stores, bookshops, and flower stands. Restaurants, a movie theater, and a bakery are all a short walk away.
The Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve is 208 acres of open space managed by the East Bay Regional Park District and more than 200 acres outside of the canyon owned by the University of California, Berkeley. Garber Park, a 13-acre oak-and-bay-tree woodland south of Claremont Avenue, is owned by the city of Oakland. Trails reward ambitious hikers with panoramic views of San Francisco Bay.